Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Settling to routine

My body is not quite sure what time zone it is on, but I am feeling remarkably ok with the 15 hour time difference at this point in the trip. I went to bed early and again awakened at about 330 a.m. I got up at 6, took a quick swim and then got ready to head to the hospital. I was brave and drove a different rout today to check out where market night would be at Chamorro village this evening.
Not a very busy schedule of patients which was frustrating but we began to tackle the detailed paperwork accompanying accreditation for the docs, physicist and tech. Watching Naomi trying to work through all of this I am reminded how far I have come from the early days of mammo and how what seems insurmountable to her is commonplace in our daily work lives. She keeps saying"I can't believe you know all of this stuff and what colors each form is! hmm- it is a reminder of the 20+ years that I have been doing this :0) We were able to hook up with the physicist in Okinawa to get all her needed input for submission to the ACR, too so although I have only been her 2 days, we are making definite progress.

We had a chance to dash out at lunch today and get a quick local lunch- shrimp for me.
This afternoon after work I drove around several places that I have seen on the trip to the hospital, taking photos and taking the beautiful vistas from many hilltops overlooking the ocean. I visited Fort Santa Agueda and one of the beaches close to Chamorro village. I'll have to look at a map to get the name. I hung around until Market night in the park began. It's a weekly event with vendors selling all kinds of clothing, trinkets, souvenirs and local food. I had delicious Jamaican Jerk grilled MahiMahi (recommended by HM2 Probe from home) Great choice.
No plans as yet for tomorrow after work. I am hoping to watch the sunset from another visit point. I am enjoying trying to have the photographs do justice to all the natural beauty and to serve as tangible memories once I'm home

1 comment:

  1. I love that you enjoy driving around and exploring :>. That's great!

    ReplyDelete